To submit an assignment in the EMS:
- Log in to the EMS.
- Click the name of the course in your My Courses list.
- Click the Coursework tab.
- Click either the Title of the assignment or its "Go to Assignment" button.
- Type your message to your instructor in the “Message to Instructor” box.
- To upload your assignment file/s, click the “Browse…” button.
- Note that you can select multiple files to upload if you wish. Hold down the Command key on a Mac or the Ctrl key on a PC and click each file you want to upload, then click the "Open" button.
- Scroll down and click the "Save Draft" button if you will want to add more files or notes before the assignment is graded, or click the "Submit for Grading" button to finish submitting the assignment.
Note: Only click "Submit for Grading" when you have finished uploading everything for the assignment and are ready to have it graded. After you have clicked "Submit for Grading" you won't be able to modify the submission.
Tip: Make it a habit to save your assignment as a draft first. Then take one last look at it to make sure that you have entered all of your comments and uploaded all of your files. When you are sure that things look OK, submit the assignment for grading.
Hard vs. Soft deadline: If your assignment has a hard deadline and you leave your work in draft status it will be automatically submitted when the deadline passes. If your assignment has a soft deadline you must submit it yourself.